ships in zion

Here, you may ask all the questions you have about the Matrix movies.

ships in zion

Postby dionysus on Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi fellas,

I was watching Matrix Reloaded the other day and I noticed Captain Roland saying something that got me thinking and confused. I was hoping somebody could help me out with this.

When discussing the EMP blast at the end of Reloaded, Captain Roland (or one of the other guys -can't really remember) says "5 ships were instantly down" -Now I can deduce that he means: (1) The Icarus; (2) The Gnosis; (3) The Novalis; and (4) The Caduceus. But which ship would be the fifth?

The Osiris is destroyed at the end of M1 in the Animatrix short The Final Flight of the Osiris

The Vigilant is destroyed during Operation Power Outage in Reloaded

The Nebuchadnezzar is destroyed by the tow-bomb launched by Sentinels at the end of Reloaded

The Hammer is destroyed once it makes it back to Zion in Revolutions

The Logos is destroyed when Neo and Trinity make it into Machine City

The only ships left would be the Brahman, The Shiva, and the Vishnu -but I thought these ships were supposed to be left intact and undestroyed to show that Neo had achieved a state of union (= the Trimurti; the union of Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu in Hinduism) by the end of the trilogy. Any idea's, anyone?

I'm thinking he might have meant the Vigilant, but this ship is destroyed much sooner in the story, right? Plus, we see the accident in Zion with the guy tripping over the bannister, so I guess that's not it... :?
dionysus
Bluepill

Return to Matrix Questions